Wake up with me every morning and join me in my 6 essential steps to having an incredible day!
1) Stretch your body from head to toe. Circulate your head round 10X one way and then the other. Move your shoulders up and down and around 10X. Stretch your arms up and reach for the sky, stretching your rib cage on each side. Move your hips round in a circle, 10X in one direction and then 10X in the other. Join your knees together and make a little circle whilst bending your knees – do it 10X. Keep your legs straight and let your body fall forward. Reach for your toes and keep bouncing forward giving the back of your legs a good old stretch.
2) Time to breath. We are going to take 5 deep breaths using your diaphragm filling your lungs fully. Ready…? Good! First let all the air out of your lungs and squeeze your belly in. Now take a slow, deep, long breath. Fill your lungs letting your belly rise slowly. Breath in for as long as you can sipping that last bit of air and HOLD. 1, 2, 3 and release slowly squeezing in your belly. The key here is your pace – nice and slow. Imagine the goodness of oxygen filling your lungs and being circulated all around your body. Feel the oxygen pass your throat and fill your lungs. Imagine the healing powers oxygen alone has. Thank God for your ability to breath. Give it a go now.
I remember that day during my cancer treatment, I vomited so much I couldn’t breath. I thought I was going to die and at that point I was in so much pain, I wanted to. Today, 8 years later, I push myself to run 10km and at the last leg when I’m short of breath, I remember the day I couldn’t breath and then I run that last km in gratitude that I can, and I run till I get to that finish line! I love the taste of fresh air, it has a taste you know.
3) Make yourself a mouthwatering mug of hot lemon water. Really sip your drink slowly like you have been thirsty for days. Like you have gone without a drop of water just like your brothers and sisters living on the streets and slums around the world. Hold your mug with two hands like you do when you are tucked into your sofa with a blanket just about to watch a movie… (That’s why its important to make it in a mug and not a glass.. ) Thank God for your everlasting water supply.
4) Meditate, pray or read. Take 15 minutes just to sit with you and your higher self. I do my prayers and have a conversation with God. I share all the things I’m grateful for and then slip in all the things I want.. I ask God for guidance, support and direction. I give Him jobs to do – I ask Him to take care of my health, my family and friends and to go get me X, Y and Z. We have a good chat – iron things out.
5) Jump on your trampoline. If you haven’t got one, please get a rebounder. (It’s one of those gym trampolines), and just bounce for 5 minutes. It’s called lymphasizing. Look it up. You can heal your body with this alone! Add it to breathing and you’ll become a wizard! Whilst you bounce say out loud your affirmations or incantations. If you don’t have any, read Louise Hay and get some. Or shout out your goals and say them as if they have already happened. “I have created an unlimited amount of wealth in my life and am able to help others and myself in ways I only dreamed of before.” “I am super successful and have abundance in everything.” “I have the most incredibly loving partner and our relationship deepens everyday.” By saying out load what you want whilst you are rebounding, will lock it into your body and manifest it quicker – fact!
6) Make yourself a green juice. Look up alkaline juices and check out Jason Vale. Really give your body a good start. Layering your stomach with a green drink before you go have that coffee will keep you energized and alert. Knowing you are full of goodness. My green juice is made of:
1 avocado, 1 lime, a stick of celery, handful of spinach, parsley and Kale if you have it. Stick it in the juicer and Voila! If you have Green power, add a scoop of that too and a spoon of crushed nuts. Then enjoy.
There you have it folks. My 6 steps to an incredible day!
Now if you’re like me, you like to do many things at once. So the stretching can be done on the way to the bathroom – whilst your brushing your teeth and other things too Whilst your breathing go put the kettle on and make that cup of lemon water and prepare for your green drink. And whilst you make that green drink think about the tasks you need to do for the day.
Wake up with Rasheda everyday.