Meet organising expert Shelina Jokhiya. She’s going to teach us how de-cluttering your environment will clean up your space while cleaning up all other areas of your life, too.
Born and raised in Kent, England, Shelina came to Dubai 9 years ago and was working as a lawyer. Today, she has her own business in helping people clean up!
What made you come up with your business idea?
I first had the idea over 10 years ago with a friend. Being so organised ourselves, we thought it would be great to somehow use our skills, but never thought this could be a business. I started Googling organizational businesses last year, and found it to be a really big industry.
The typical executive wastes 150 hours a year (almost an entire month) searching for lost information. For someone earning $50,000 a year, this loss is equivalent to $3,842 annually. Forbes ASAP
Tell us about the concept of your business.
I start by going into people’s homes or offices. I have a three-step process:
1. Declutter. I remove unwanted items, and shred unimportant and unneeded documents.
2. Organise. I create manageable systems to ensure everyone in the home or office can find things easily. A little bit of law and order goes a long way!
3. Train. You’ll say goodbye to clutter forever by creating new habits of keeping your space clean and minimal.
How does decluttering your life benefit your health?
Let’s start by looking at the cost of clutter on your heath:
* Stress from constantly facing the clutter
* Headaches from the stress
* Feeling tired
* An increase in blood pressure which can lead to heart disease
This list goes on. De-cluttering has a huge impact on helping you improve your health through giving you more space, time, and energy to do the things that are important to you.
How does decluttering your life benefit your wealth?
* It reduces your shopping list. Clutter means we end up buying items we already have in our kitchen or wardrobe. Salt and sugar seem to be a constant recurrence in a lot of households. You don’t need multiple bags of these items!
* It reduce your bills. Have you ever missed bill payments because you’re unable to locate your bills? This can cause unnecessary charges and fines.
* It stops you from buying other items that you do not need, because you can now see what you currently have.
* It lets you sell your clutter. You will be surprised to find many items you no longer use which can be sold.
Please tell us about experiences where decluttering has helped someone live the life they love.
We worked with a family living in a large villa. I came in and totally removed the chaos in the house and create organised systems. The family now lives in a harmonised house. They have more time for each other.
I’ve worked with a senior executive business woman who spends most of her time working and has very little time to organise her day-to-day home life. Decluttering her home space got her to finish work early and spend more time relaxing and taking care of herself.
I then worked with a company that’s focused on profits for the last 10-20 years, but has not paid much attention to their back office systems or organisation needs. Decluttering their work space, filing system, and email inboxes has improved the overall company bottom line in addition to making their employees happy.
How do you help businesses?
Decluttr Me are here to maximize employees workspace through the process of reorganisation, archiving and shredding. We will help clear the office space, which will in turn clear the space in employees mind, unlock new ideas, create more business opportunities and reduce stress. I provide two services to business – decluttering and organising in the office & training on the clean desk policy.
By decluttering the business and creating organised systems, I can help the company increase productivity and stop losing money (from time wasting and waste of resources such as paper). With the training, the service focuses on training employees to improve their productivity and learn how to utilise technology. With improved processes, your company can save money as well as enjoy a more clutter free, stress free, organised workspace and filing area.
So, if you want more space in your life or business, you probably need to de-clutter your home or office. Making physical space and having organised, manageable systems will really turn your life around. Whether it’s tidying up your email inbox, a disorganised kitchen, a messy filling system, or creating a clean desk policy, DeCluttr Me is the company to call.
Find out more about DeCluttr Me on www.decluttrme.com
Have a fabulous day!